Sonic the Hedgehog Fan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fansite dedicated to all games Sonic has been in.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sonic Classic Collection Review

Go down 
2 posters

Do You Like The Game?
Yes
Sonic Classic Collection Review I_vote_lcap100%Sonic Classic Collection Review I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
No
Sonic Classic Collection Review I_vote_lcap0%Sonic Classic Collection Review I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
::CMG (UTOPIA)::
Bunny
Bunny

Sonic Classic Collection Review Empty
PostSubject: Sonic Classic Collection Review   Sonic Classic Collection Review EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:19 pm

So I got this game last night as a gift from my sis, and I started to play a little of it. Finished Knuckles in Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 with Sonic. For a handheld Nintendo port, it actually does a pretty good job at retaining the original games. From graphics to music. Although I spotted a few MINOR things as well.

Firstly, when you get a speed shoe monitor, instead of the song going fast, it changes pitch. I actually found it amusing.

Second, when facing against the giant robo robotnik in death egg as knuckles in sonic 2, your left with only one option of killing him... this is what i mean. In the genesis versions, you had two ways of damaging him. the harder way was to hit him below, but you could still hit him on the chest like sonic, but only once he comes down and tries to stomp you (you know when his body alost touches the ground when he bends). If you hit him on the chest in this collection, instead of bouncing off of him like in the genesis version, you just go straight through him, which also means hitting his spike fingers and dying.

Thirdly, In the sonic mega collection games, if you finished sonic 3 (with or without all emeralds), once you unlocked sonic 3&k, your data got transferred over and you could now start in mushroom hill zone without having to go through the very beginning. In this collection, that doesnt happen, which is annoying, and begs the question why add sonic 3 and sonic and knuckles when you can just keep sonic 3&k since it's technically the complete game anyways? Woulda made more room for other goodies anyways.

Speakin of which, they should of added more extra content, cause the illustrations is the same thing everybody has seen over and over again, so basically its just wasted space.

I know people complain about the pause button not being start but instead its on the touch pad, but its just a simple flaw that all you have to do is just touch the touch screen with your right thumb to pause the game, you dont even have to go through the hassle of taking out the stick.

But other than that, its still a cool collection if anyone loves the classics and wants to bring them around anywhere with them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CMG.UTOPIA
MightytheArmadillo
Admin
Admin
MightytheArmadillo

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Classic Collection Review   Sonic Classic Collection Review EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:23 pm

I really want to pick this up. I've heard some good things about it.

You go through the last Sonic 2 boss? And you can't hit him from below? What about Knuckles then? He basically HAD to hit him from below.
Back to top Go down
https://sonicspeed.forumotion.com
Bunny
Bunny

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Classic Collection Review   Sonic Classic Collection Review EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 5:53 pm

MightytheArmadillo wrote:
And you can't hit him from below?

no you can, i'm saying that it's your only option since if you hit him above, instead of bouncing off of him, you just go right through him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CMG.UTOPIA
MightytheArmadillo
Admin
Admin
MightytheArmadillo

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Classic Collection Review   Sonic Classic Collection Review EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:05 pm

::CMG (UTOPIA):: wrote:
MightytheArmadillo wrote:
And you can't hit him from below?

no you can, i'm saying that it's your only option since if you hit him above, instead of bouncing off of him, you just go right through him.
Now that I remember, sometimes it happened in the Genesis version, but only usually when he comes crashing on the ground and you hit him while he's bending down.

Maybe its either an accidental thing, or Sega just wanted to make it just as hard for Sonic and Tails as it is Knuckles.
Back to top Go down
https://sonicspeed.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sonic Classic Collection Review   Sonic Classic Collection Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Sonic Classic Collection Review
Page 1 of 1